Bracioplasty
I am planning for an arm tuck or brachioplasty. Just a bit afraid of the deep after surgery scars on the arms. In how much time(years) the scars will totally disappear from the skin or is there any laser scar removal treatment available? If yes, then after how much time after surgery I can go for it?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Usually the arm tuck is a cosmetic procedure and the plastic surgeon performs that and closure would be done using methods involving or leaving minimal scar. Scars can further be reduced by creams and factional laser by about six monthly sessions depending on the scar. Some doctors prefer initiating laser treatment two weeks soon after surgery or some after six months and both ate justified in their treatment protocol. So discuss the same with your treating doctor. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.