Bone increase ankle foot

My mom age 58 yrs weight 66 kg height 5.2". Pure vegetarian not even garlic and onion. She is feeling pain in ankel foot. As per x-ray report one small bone has increased in ankel foot. Doc prescribed medicine for 7days which has already completed and also advised it needs to be do a small operation. After she taken medicine for 7days and using shoes in home, it is feeling some better now. But still there is swelling and paining sometimes. Could you please advise this increased bone can resolved by medicine or is it necessary to do operation ? Appreciate your help...! Thanks,

Doctor Answers (1) on Bone increase ankle foot

Dr. Hitin Mathur Noida | Orthopedic Surgeon
Hi, this is Dr Hitin Mathur, senior orhopaedic Surgeon at Fortis C Doc Hospital, new Delhi. As far as the pain in ankle and foot is concerned, a good clinical examination is required to find the exact site and cause of pain. A weight bearing x ray of the affected area will be helpful. I would suggest that you see an orhopaedic surgeon in your area, especially one specialising in foot and ankle like  myself if possible.