Boils on shoulders

I had recently been to a resort near Mysore and there we had a swimming pool...the pool did not have clean water...we had spent 3 hours in the pool in the afternoon...when we returned the skin on the shoulder had turned red and was burning ...had applied ice and then turmeric and curd...the been ng sensation went away in a couple of days however today on the 5 th day...I had been out on my bike and I had just worn a black t shirt...after having food when I returned I see the entire area had boils like on a burnt skin...please advice

Doctor Answers (1) on Boils on shoulders

Hi. Greetings. This seems to be an acute inflammation and would advise you to take immediate medical help in the form of visiting a dermatologist personally. You may need a course of anti biotics - topical and oral. You could contact me on follow up chat or at least send pics on govindmittalatgmail.com. hope this helps. Warm regards, Dr Govind S Mittal, Excel Care hospital, Bangalore.