Body pain-

My mother underwent total hip replacement on the left side and has a rod fixed on the right hip and thigh on Jan15.She had stress fracture as she was diagnosed with osteoporosis and her vitaminD level was only 4.Post surgery she is still unable to walk till date. She walks very slowly and just few steps using walker.Post surgery she has pain all over the body especially shoulders ,back ,both the feet all the 24 hrs.She never sleeps as she has pain in the thighs and hip whenever she lies down or tries to turn.We have taken all the test which includes blood summary ,vitamin d3, some test to check the muscles,finally even whole body PET scan .All the results have come out to be normal.Ortho doctor referred to an endocrinologist who had done all possible tests and the results have come ourt normal.Doctor also suspected if there could be meligancy as her PTH levels were not correct and was varying when ever blood tests were done.Kindly help my mom get relevied from pain.

Doctor Answers (1) on Body pain-

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...at this age osteoporosis is common (post menopausal age ) due to decreased estrogen.....with weak joints she is having this pain...if her PTH levels are high that is hyperparathyroidsm with elevated calcium level.. You didn't mention whether her PTH is elevated or low ..don't let her to sleep in day time ...if she had early menopause or thin build all these problems are expected.