Blood Sugar, WBC,ESR

Hi, I would like to ask my first question here on practo forum about my grandmother who is about 75 years in age and recently her test reports have shocked as she was well before few months. Her Blood Sugar is 211, WBC count is 12800, Esnophil is 8 and ESR is 102. She is now suffering from acute cough and cold. Doctors have prescribed high dosed antibiotics which is not good for her due to her age, i think. I would appreciate if any prompt response comes from a specialist or expert. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Blood Sugar, WBC,ESR

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
He'll there we appreciate your concern towards your grand mother. According to the reports it seems that she us having infection in tiger body her WBC, EAR, LEVEKS are raised to get the infection, ESR, and WBC levels she is being put on antibiotic which are okay to give her. Because after knowing her condition well they have started her on those. On before hand you need to understand that her condition need to be treated first. If it would have been a common cold then they wouldn't put her in such. Thank you.