Blood relation marriage
I m married to blood relation ... Do I need to undergo genetic assessment before planning for a baby ? If no is there any pre-pregnency test we need to undergo .. Please suggest.  Thanks in Advance.

Dr. Prabha Eliya Singan
Gynecologist 28 yrs exp Bangalore
hi  this planning has to be before marriage. any pregnancy has 4%risk of congenital anamlies.in yours risk is increased to 8 percent. but regarding specifics you can consult a geniticist who will go through your pedigree family tree specific risks will be able to advice you regarding any recessive  or dominant linked risks and chances.