Bleeding!!
I had protected sex on 13th May with boyfriend. Just to be on the safer side, I took 3mg dosage of contraceptives on 17th May. And yesterday, I saw some blood in the urine while urinating. I thought it were my Menses. But today in the morning, there was no blood patch. I even did a pregnancy test yesterday morning which was negative. When can I expect my next period to occur? Please help, because I really can't consult a gynaecologist because my parents are really very strict . A detailed advise would really be appreciated. Thank you :)

Dr. Navya G
Hi there.. I can understand your worry.. but you haven't mentioned about when you were expecting your periods. postcoital pill/emergency pill contain levonorgestrol which helps by not allowing ovulation to occur and making endometrium unfavorable for pregnancy.. it's side effects are nausea, vomiting,pain abdomen, Bleeding(usually within a week of taking it) or spotting due to progesterone withdrawal, headache dizziness, fatigue, breast pain..next cycle is going to be fine.. you will get your periods either on your expected date or delay of periods also occurs with pills.. no need to worry as you had protected sex and even took pill within 72hours, it's highly unlikely you could be pregnant..