Bleeding after sex

Hi..I am bleeding after completion of my periods just it has been 15 days .. after my periods. And the bleeding is just after having sex.we are planning for children. I want to be pregnant.

Doctor Answers (1) on Bleeding after sex

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello madam, Bleeding after sex can be caused by vaginal dryness caused by reduced vaginal secretions or friction during sex, or an infection, such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), or a sexually transmitted infection (STI), such as chlamydia, cervical or endometrial polyps (benign or non-cancerous growths in the womb or the lining of the cervix), cervical erosion, where there is an inflamed area on the surface of the cervix, In rare instances, bleeding after sex can be a sign of cervical or vaginal cancer. Depending on any other symptoms and your medical history, you may need some tests or examinations, such as:a pelvic examination (where the GP inserts two fingers into your vagina to feel for anything unusual)looking at the cervix with an instrument called a speculum, If the problem is caused by vaginal dryness, they may recommend that you try using lubricating gels which has no sperm killing properties . without further details it is hard to tell about getting pregnant. Consult an gynecologist for further workup.