Black shaped behjnd ear

Hi doctor, I have problem of dandruff. Actually a pimple shaped structure occurred behind my ears . Attaching a screenshot for same.it occurred before 9 months. I m able to remove some patches from it sometimes.but it s not going completely. A friend of mine who is studying for MBBS told that that might be due to dandruff. Can it be due to dandruff? Or do I need to take care of it by consulting a dermatologist?

Doctor Answers (2) on Black shaped behjnd ear

Dr. D.P. Jayanth Mysore | Dermatologist
Severe dandruff causes scaling or peeling of skin. That needs expert opinion of dermatologist. Image sent is of poor quality and no diagnosis can be made. Please consult dermatologist at the earliest.
Greetings. The photo is not clear enough to make a diagnosis. Please see a qualified dermatologist near you / in your city. I cannot commit for sure if this is because of dandruff or not but seems unlikely. In any case it's best you see a dermatologist personally n discuss with him. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.