cardiologist-icon

Bells palsy like situatio

Week ago I got bell's palsy kind of symptoms on my left face.  Before that I am also having hypertension.  Need to know if my facial dysfunction is result of high BP.  All reports were - ve.  Except cholesterol.  MRI showed some white matter in coronary artery. Need to know if it can escalate any further. BP meds r on

Harisha N L

specific cause of Bell's palsy is unknown, however, it has been suggested that the disorder is due to inflammation that is directed by the body's immune system against the nerve controlling movement of the face. The weakness or symptoms seen in Bell's palsy is sometimes associated with the following: Diabetes High blood pressure Trauma Toxins Lyme disease Guillain-Barré syndrome Sarcoidosis Myasthenia gravis Infection, especially following a viral infection with Herpes simplex virus (a virus that is related to the cause of the common "cold sores" of the mouth)..consult physician for further details