Back lump issue
Hi, I am having a small back lump over to my backbone. Earlier it was small so I have thought of it will go by the time. But I am noticing it is increasing. I don't know it comes under which Doctor. Can you please advise for it?
39 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

The lump maybe a cyst(a bag filled with some solid or liquid material) or a solid tumour(a type of solid growth). A clinical examination by a dermatologist or a general surgeon will be sufficient to make a diagnosis and suggest a treatment for you in most cases. If it is a superficial growth it can be removed by dermatosurgeon, if it has deep extensions it will need a general surgeon or a spine surgeon to operate on it. If it is a rare type of growth or abnormal growth you may need to get a biopsy and a high frequency ultrasound scan done. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.