Baby refusing food
My baby is almost 9 months old she had been having cold from past two weeks and getting better After she has got cold her solids intake has reduced slightly, making her have her meal is really a big fuss but from today morning she is saying complete no from the first spoon itself . If you try to force food in she cries terribly otherwise she is active enough she enjoys happily playing I am pretty tensed now as she is been only on breast milk which she is takes in when sleepy and not at all want any solids Already her weight gain is not good and looks like she will shred more if she is not eating She is saying no to even her favourite food Is she not hungry at all or is she having any problem Please suggest as I am unable to get my pediatrician appointment immediately

Dr. Chandrashekar C
Pediatrician 14 yrs exp Bangalore
Post viral cold, usually appetite will be down. It may take 5 to 7 days for kids to come back to normal eating pattern. Don't worry give her some time, she will get back her appetite.