pediatrician-icon
Baby consumed lysol
I mixed approx. 2 tsp. Lysol with water in a mug while I was cleaning a particular part of My floor. I used all the mixture. there was nothing  in the mug. the mug was empty. Suddenly I turned back and I saw that my baby pouring the mug into her mouth although there was no liquid but still I think one to two drops of liquid still there at the bottom of the mug. No symptoms till 12 to 18 hours. She is fine. Is there any step to follow?
21 Views v

Answers (2)

Like the answers? Consult privately with the doctor of your choice

Prevention always better than cure is my Mantra So please be careful Children are always curious and inquisitive and want to try new stuff Right now NO Need to Worry for lysol consumption Give plenty of oral fluids and watch for vomiting or any other off symptoms
Next Steps
Take care not to get into further accidents Swallowing small objects like coins pins or buttons left lying around Plug empty sockets All bottles with detergent or cleaning supplies to be kept at highrr levels out of reach
Health Tips
Take care Enjoy your baby
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
greeting to you. Reax, The was empty, even if it contained a drop or two , it can be swallowed, it requires full movement of mug . Moreover it tastes so horrible that your baby will never swallow it. And so much time has passed.So relax , nothing to worry. Just go for fresh air and walk or play with ball. Give plenty offluids like banana, coconut water or other juice. I encourage juice todevelope taste in your baby. But please take care. Some children swallow coins or offer nuts to eat. Take care of your coins. They should not lying here and there, No nuts till the child is 5years old, otherwise they aspirate it in their lungs
Next Steps
think of immunization, hygiene, nutrition and healthy environments at home. ,
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.