Avoid Pregnancy

Hi, I am due to turn 30 on 25th April. I got married a month ago and me n my husband want to start planning for a baby only post July. My issue is my periods are irregular. My last dates are 9th Jan, 3rd Feb, 28th Feb, 4th Apr. I took contraceptives on the advice of my gynac starting 10th March as I was getting married on 20th March. However, for the 2nd set of contraceptives, I was to start them by 8th April however dint realize till the 12th bout the 2nd set. We really do want a baby however we want the concieving to happen only post July. My period days over the years reduced from 7 to 5 to 3 days. I understand I am reaching my peak however is there anyway I could avoid pregnancy till July. My husband is not too keen on using condoms as we are newly married and barely been together for 18 days only. Any advice will help.

Hello, that's what the problem with irregular periods ... You cannot calculate the ovulation date in irregular periods...ovulation can occur at any time ... There are only few ways of contraception.. You have to start taking oral contraceptives again.. Or you could take postcoital pills after each coitus but that agaie alters your menstrual cycle ..