Atypical Suspicious

I got swell lump, I visit govt. hospital. Doctor advised FNAC after other test done. Now FNAC report states Atypical Suspicious..and recommendations mentioned 1. Clinical and Radiological correlation 2. Biopsy with HPE . Is it means the nodule is malignant / cancerous? What should I do?

Dr. Nishant Singh
Consultant Physician 10 yrs exp Noida

it does not means that the nodule is malignant/cancerous/ 1.it just means that this FNAC is inconclusive and requires a repeat sample As if you repeat FNAC the chances are the sample may again be inconclusive so its better to get a Biopsy done in which we remove the whole lymph node and send for checkup to lab its a 100 percent sure thing. or you may get radio-logical investigation like CT scan of chest done which is 98% sure for lesions like TB/ Cancer. my personal suggestion 1. repeat FNAC from Lal Path Labs or SRL Labs 2.if again they give same report get a CECT chest to rule out TB v/s Malignancy 3.if both these reports are inconclusive then find a good surgeon and get that node removed and sent to LAB. further treatment would be based on the reports. if you are young chances of malignancy is very very minimal almost nil.