Athletes foot
I sweat profusely while working out and though I change my socks frequently and clean my shoes I have athletes foot. I've used antifungal cream but it hasn't helped much and I have blisters. Only time It doesn't irritate is when I use toothpaste, read some where that its good for athletes foot. Can I continue using it?
67 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hithysh BM
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
hi...Tinea pedis is spread when an infected person shares towels or walks barefoot in shower stalls or public locker rooms. Your risk of tinea pedis is greater if you do not wash your feet or do not change your socks every day. signs and symptoms:- Cracks or blisters Redness, swelling, itching, or burning Scaly or peeling skin Bad smelling feet Thick, dark skin on the bottoms or sides of your feet Thick, abnormal toenails Tinea pedis is usually treated with an antifungal medicine. This medicine may be given as a cream, gel, or pill. You may need a doctor's order for this medicine. Take it until it is gone, even if your feet look like they are healed. The fungus may spread and cause other skin infections. It is possible to get tinea pedis more than once. Keep your feet clean and dry: Wash your feet each day and dry them well, especially between your toes. After your feet are dry, put powder on your feet and between your toes. Wear clean cotton or wool socks each day. Put your socks on first so you do not spread the infection to other areas of your body. Wear sandals, canvas tennis shoes, or other shoes that allow air to flow to your feet. This helps keep your feet dry. Avoid plastic or rubber shoes. Soak your feet: If you have blisters, soak your feet in an astringent (drying) solution. Do this for 20 to 30 minutes, 2 times each day to help dry out the blisters. An astringent solution may be bought at drug or grocery stores. Wear shoes in public areas: Do not walk barefoot in public places. Wear shower shoes or sandals in warm, damp areas. kindly stop using tooth paste and contact dermatologist.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.