Asherman syndrome

I am asking this question for my wife, she didn't have periods for 1 and half year why because when she was 1st pregnancy she got more bleeding in 7 th month after she got operated, our baby was died, Now we had taken MRI and ultra sound tests, they confirm that Asher man syndrome. is there any treatment for this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Asherman syndrome

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Asherman's syndrome should be treated if it is causing infertility or amenorrhea. Surgical treatment includes cutting and removing adhesions or scar tissue within the uterine cavity. This can usually be performed by hysteroscopy - small instruments and a camera are placed into the uterus through the cervix.
After scar tissue is removed, the uterine cavity must be kept open while it heals to prevent recurrence of the adhesions. Your doctor may place a small balloon inside the uterus for several days, and may prescribe estrogen replacement therapy to take for several months while the uterine lining heals...