chest-icon

ARDS after Pancreatitis

My brother got hospitalized with sever Pancreatitis and at the time of admission he had creatinine count upto 4. Also, multiple organ failure. CRP report was 450 and gradually reduced to 90 after a week. First week he crossed major barrier, second week they were more doing trichostomy and treating inflammation + infection. We were able to talk to him and we was bit avgitated when he comes out of sadation. Third week they said he is getting better in all other areas but he got ARDS.. too much liquid in lungs. It is a week now and they are saying ventilator is the only treatment and he is completely on sadation.. no improvement. Need guidance or help.
views-icons 94 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on ARDS after Pancreatitis

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. If he has developed ARDS now, ventilator is necessary. In ARDS there is a inability of the lung to expand well and you have given that there is too much fluid in his lungs. Due to that his spo2 would fall below normal and it will be very dangerous. Sedation is also required in ventilator as if he is awake, it will be very difficult for him. Let him improve and continue the treatment going on. I'm sure he will recover soon and be normal again. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Bhaskar Murthy.V Bangalore | General Physician
Hi As he developed Ards he needs ventilator support because his lungs cant expand properly due to fluid . and have to continue all supportive treatment till pancreatitis come down . and when patient put on ventilator sedation is needed as he will try to breath on his own so ventilator cant function well.