Ankloysing spondilitis

Started medication 40 days back. Kindly find the attachment for the diagnosis and medication. I am HLA B27 +ve and already had two episodes of uvitis in right eye in last 16 months. Kindly suggest best treatment as it is in early stage. Ayurveda or allopathic. Medicine: Sulfasalazine delayed release 1g BD Etoricoxib 120mg HS And vitamin, folic acid.

Doctor Answers (3) on Ankloysing spondilitis

Dr. Anshu S.R Sachdev Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
Your best bet is to consult a Rheumatologist in person. I agree with Dr. Naveen's opinion. There are medications to control the disease. You will need a customised medication protocol. Can't be done on online portals like this. My professional experience favours allopathy and evidence based medication. You may get a million options and false promises. Please choose wisely. Take care.
Dr. Chirag Dalal Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Allopathy has no treatment for it. You can just control with medication. The medications come with a set of its own complications. You can try homeopathy.
Hi, ankylosing spondylitis has no cure. It can only be controlled. Apart from the drugs you have been prescribed we have biologicals like Etanercept,Infliximab etc. You need to consult a Rheumatologist .Apart from your back you may develop pain in multiple joints esp of hip joints and pain at attachment of tendons and ligaments we call it as enthesopathy,pain more in the mornings. Take hot water bath early in the morning and do stretching exercises regularly. Short course of steroids may be required foracute flare up.