Ankle sprain

Skating is my sport, I fell down two months ago and sprained my ankle while skating. Is it safe to continue skating or is there any danger if this happens again?

Doctor Answers (3) on Ankle sprain

hi, sorry to hear about your injury. have you ruled out any major injury immediately suffer the fall.. it is detrimental for your future sports activities... go for a light jog, try some warm up rounds, if you feel comfortable practice basic runouts, wall stops, progress if y you are comfortable, if in pain please visit specialist
Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
Hi Ankle sprain healing depends on degree of ligaments injury and type of treatment Any injury first get treated properly, then ankle requires rehabilitation ,later you can start playing
Dr. Ajay Rao Bangalore | Orthopedist
Good to hear that you have taken up some kind of sports. I hope you are not in pain now. Was there any fracture or ligament injury at the time of accident. What was the treatment taken ? Most sprains settle down in 6-8 weeksif properly treated. If you are having pain or instability, consult an Orthopaedic surgeon