Ankle fracture

On 21st june afternoon, while crossing the road my left foot got out of balance and i fell down with the body weight entirely on side of my feet...As a result i got an ankle sprain. I had done an x-ray which brought out the result that there was some mild crack on my ankle bone..My feet is swollen and i am not able to walk.Please suggest a remedy in order to recover as fast possible so that i can sttend my exams on 27th june.

Doctor Answers (2) on Ankle fracture

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope you are not in much pain. You can take a tab. Aceclofenac 100mg twice a day after food for pain control. Take only if you have pain. You need to get the area immobilised. Apply a ice pack. Do not use heat. It could be a hair line fracture but for further help you need to consult a orthopedician in person for further management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. Based on the history you have given I think you should know that harline fracture appear as a very faint line in the x-ray and the fractured bone generally remains aligned in the normal position without any displacement. The main logic behind applying plaster of Paris is to maintain that alignment and avoid bone displacement and immobilisation consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.