Anger mngmnt

My son is 6 years old. Basically is a sweet child but sometime he gets aggressive and angry and hits his grand parents. And even in the school van he is getting physical with friebds and uses bad words. He also lies a lot. When i correct him he understands but after smtm he is agn bk to behaving badly

Doctor Answers (1) on Anger mngmnt

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, Based on your description, I think your child needs behavior therapy. Can you get him for evaluation? Having said this, it doesn't mean that something is severely wrong with him. It means that probably there needs to be some modification in the parenting technique. It is important to evaluate and understand the psychology of a child before applying any method of rectification. And this can be done by a counselor as they are objective in their approach and have no emotional bias. You can consult me or any other child psychologist to help guide you and your child. It would be best to get a consultation face to face for a more accurate suggestions.