Androgenetic Aloepecia

What are the treatments available for androgenetic alopecia? Can it be reversed by medication or is hair transplant the only option? I am just 25 years old and am looking for desperately for permanent fixes to the problem. Can a hair transplant permanently fix the problem of androgenetic alopecia or will I have to do it regularly. I've been consuming Pumpkin seeds to increase zinc and saw palmetto as 5 alpha reductase inhibitors to avoid formation of dht. Bt that doesn't seem to be enough. Kindly provide your valuable suggestions on best possible options for this problem. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on Androgenetic Aloepecia

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
It's good to know that you are well read on the subject. Unfortunately there are no permanent solutions. If you have the male pattern baldness gene you will develop baldness sooner or later. But you can definitely delay the process. Push it off maybe another 10 years or even more. But that depends on how keen you are on visiting your dermatologist and continuing treatment . Hair care is a process. There are multiple treatments available and only after examination can a dermatologist decide on what will suit you the best. And no, hair transplant isn't the only solution according to me. You require prescription medicines. So immediately visit an allopathic dermatologist to prevent further thinning of the hair.
Dr. Batul Patel Mumbai | Trichologist
Hello Androgenic alopecia is a hereditary condition and if u are loosing hair and thinning then you shoudl do something right now you should start on oral medication and minoxidil use will be life long...... There are no permanent treatments for this Hair transplant will not be a permanent option. You should currently arrest your hair fall by doing stem cell treatment and dermaroller... Hope this helps Best Www.Drbatul.com