C section delivery

2022-07-14 12:00:03
Hi I was detected BP and sugar 3 days back .now I am on my 36 weeks . doctor started medicine for BP and sugar , both are under control . Doctor wants to do c-section next week ,start of 37 weeks . Before delivery she will give 2 shots of steroid for baby's lungs maturity . last growth scan baby's weight was 2.8kg . how much risk is there for early delivery ? steroid injection is safe ? can we postpone delivery one more week or its necessary ? please tell me ,I m very much tensed .
129 Views

Answers (7)

Connect please

Answered2022-07-14 14:22:46

Was this answer useful

It will be better if you can wait for another week. A Caesarean at  38 weeks is more safe.

Answered2022-07-14 13:38:20

Was this answer useful

All are recommended So go as per advise

Answered2022-07-14 13:25:16

Was this answer useful

You should go as per advised because both raised BP and diabetes causes adverse effects to baby. So better is termination of pregnancy

Answered2022-07-14 13:19:14

Was this answer useful

Go as per advice ofdoctor

Answered2022-07-14 12:24:34

Was this answer useful

Connect

Answered2022-07-14 12:01:26

Was this answer useful

Risks n benifits need to be weighed Better to delivery at 37 weeks Continuation beyond that may be risky Steroid injection is safe

Answered2022-07-15 05:30:37

Was this answer useful

Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.