Allergy &asthma
I am allergic to something which I dont know.Some 30 times i will sneeze everday.And after sneezing my chest becomes tight and use inhaler to relieve it.Everyday the same thing happens after the starting of rainy season.Whether I should use nasal spray since the problem starts with nose or inhalers which I believe will have to continue for years may be till death. Nowadays cough has also become prominent alongwith sneezing. Will I have to take medicines continuosly?I have already done a PFT which is attached.
49 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 32 yrs exp Kolkata

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹200 for 24 hrs

You are suffering from allergic airway disease. As you suffer mostly in the rainy season the probable allergens are fugal spores and house dust mites, which are abundant during this period. You should use steroid inhaler, nasal spray and oral montelukast tab. to control the symptoms. In other seasons you should use maintenance dose of inhalers to prevent further attacks. If you change your residence you may not have to continue medicines lifelong. You may also try immuno-therapy.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.