Adenomyosis
Hi. My wife is feeling frequent severe pains in the lower abdomen which is for 15-20 minutes but are quite intense. These pains are in between the dates and remains for almost 20days a month. Ultra sounds show nothing but an MRI done 3 years back showed adenomyosis. I wish to know possible treatment of adenomyosis as she has also taken progesterone tablets but had very less relief in pain.

Dr. Chetan Maandhakar
Gynecologist 7 yrs exp Ahmedabad

If it's confirm adenomyosis than synthetic progesterone may help. If there is focal adenomyosis than it can be removed surgically. If family is completed than Hormonal IUCD can also helpful... As reports are three years ago, it's better to consult local gynecologist.