Acute urticaria

I get boils all over my body for an hour only, and this has happened for around 4-5 times in total since last year. A sudden heat is generated and i feel itchy at all places and then bulges appear and they remain for around an hour.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acute urticaria

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala Mumbai | Dermatologist
Hi. There are certain factors responsible for urticaria. Drug (medicines), food and environment, commonly are the top 3 causes. Hence, the cause has to be sought after a detailed history. For example, some people may develop these eruptions in response to certain pain killers, whilst others to red chilli sauce, and others may develop it while going in dirt / dust and playing. These are a few examples of how urticaria can develop. In your case it makes sense to keep a diary and note as to what you have eaten, where u have gone, what u have applied (perfumes etc) and note it down. Accordingly u may be able to find out the trigger in your case. The best line of management is to start taking anti-histamine tablets, as guided by the dermatologist. You can post me on the private chat. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala