Acne , skin irritation

Earlier my face was oily for the mean while i stopped eating junk realising the fact that it could help but then my face became dry and i thought parlour clean ups would help but then now on my skin is rough i have pores on my cheeks as well as nose area its dry and it irritates sometime my right side of the cheek is prone to acne more as compared to the left side also i have been lately using this vaseline jelly at night and olive oil to treat my skin would love to know more preventions if any

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne , skin irritation

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Dry skin is very uncomfortable condition associated with itching,scaling,cracking. It is caused due to various reasons. Few people have dry skin always and few develop dry skin in particular seasons usually winter. Dryness is usually more over forearm leg and face. Causes for dryness include winter weather, harsh soaps (which will remove the natural moisturizer barrier of your skin), irritants( which could be creams u apply or clothes or ornaments) , health issues (like allergic dermatitis or psoriasis ) Treatment to dry skin includes hydrate yourself well drink plenty of fluids, avoid using harsh soaps, ‌use cleansing lotions for face n mild soap for body , use moisturizer after showers...It's better to consult dermatologist once if dryness is more and discuss other issues like acne they will do the needful.