Acne scars

I have severe acne scars on both cheeks .what are the treatments available? what side effects it may incur?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. Once acne is in control, scar treatment can be initiated. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots and photo ageing. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream 3.Evaluation by dermatologist 4. Glycolic / salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. They don't have any significant side effects, but may have a down time. 6. You could read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards.