Acne scars

I have acne scars on my cheeks and dark , dry skin around nose. I get prone to blackheads very easily. Please help me out.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Black heads are actually a type of acne. You need to get them removed by comedone extraction and prevent their recurrence by using topical retinoid under prescription of a dermatologist. This will also improve appearance of pores over time. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind S Mittal.