I am having acne problem since I was 16. Now because of this I have acne scars on my face and my skin complexion had become dark. I have tried many treatments. Also I have taken chemical peel once but it didn't work fine and due to that, I suffered from sun burn. There was a time when I looked fair and smart. But now I am loosing all my confidence because of skin texture only. Please help.
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Hi.. Don't worry . your issues can be tackled. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed - you are not supposed to go in direct sunlight after a Peel- you'd definitely land in a sub burn if u don't follow post procedure precautions.
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary.
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.