Acne problem
Hi I have the very serious acne problem from past 10yrs now. I have tried almost every possible treatments, but this thing is not going. Every time the painful pimples occur on the same place where it happend earlier.I have no hormonal problems, coz i have checked thyroid and PCOD.everything is normal. please suggest

Dr. Archana Dharankar Patil
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai
hiii you mite be having a very oily skin to get so chronic painful acne. Even after treatment of acne it is always necessary to maintain yourself on a basic anti-acne regime. There are newer antiacne medications that can take care of your acne on a long term basis. Other things like high glycerin diet,excessive protein supplements if present should be avoided. Get yourself cleared of dandruff if you have so. Also avoid any fails,scrubs,that can cause irritation an result in acne. It is very difficult to comment without seeing a picture or examining you.