Acne not sure if PCOS

Hi Doctor I am suffering from acne for past 12 years. I have taken Antibiotics previously and last year I took Ginnette 35 for 1 year. But, they return. My periods are normal. One ovary is 36mm but there are no cysts. It reduced in size after taking Ginnette. My weight is normal and acne are concentrated around chin amd nose. Can you please advice what to do? I am married,

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne not sure if PCOS

Dr. D.P. Jayanth Mysore | Dermatologist
Many antibiotics for acne no longer work due to antibiotic resistance. Pimples in 20 plus females takes longer to respond. Kindly consult a dermatologist and take treatment for upto 3 months with regular follow up . Another option for reistant pimples is oral Isotretinoin capsules. Your dermatologist will evaluate you and prescribe it , if needed. But you and your husband need to sign a consent form regarding family planning. The capsule may be advised for 3 months. So, 3 months plus another 6 months, around 9 months, you should not get pregnant. You must use 2 different family planning methods for that. Kindly discuss with your husband first and meet the dermatologist as a couple and discuss.