Acne mark.ASAP HELP!
I had this very aggressive pimple on my cheek. i went to a dermatologist and was on antibiotics and used antibiotic gels . im still using clindamycin and mupirocin gel. pimple is gone but it has left a very prominent dark mark on my cheek.how do i lighten tthis? it's very embarassing.PLEASE HELP!

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For pitted scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a qualified dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards.