I have suffered from acne problem in the past and this seems to have rebounced. I have acne scars as well. Ive tried fraxel treatment and it didn't do wonders to my skin but has considerably reduced the scars. Different doctors advice different set of treatment. Is there a one stop solution for the scars problem
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids in case of severe acne- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring (and should be avoided if pregnancy is being planned in near future). Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. I am afraid that there's nothing like a one stop solution.
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.