Acne and acne scars

I have had issues with acne breakout,it stared just above my eyebrows and later on right cheek and then left cheek,although the breakouts have decreased but the scars are left behind and it looks ugly .i still have an occasional pimple and the current one is in between the eyebrows ..please suggest a remedy. The other issue is the stretch marks I got after child birth 6years ago and although I m in shape the stretch marks are ugly ..kindly suggest how I can treat and loose them.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne and acne scars

Hi. Greetings. Please note : Acne is a chronic problem.. Reduce intake of chocolates and junk food too. Use a topical retinoid cream daily night. You may need a short course of antibiotics. Discuss other suitable forms of treatment with your dermatologist. Send in pictures on private follow up chat and i could suggest suitable treatment.Pimples may often leave spots especially of not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards.