A lump on the neck
I have a small hard lump on the side of my neck. I felt it a day back. Could this be related to my medical history of throat and year infection. I smoke and drink as well. could you guide me and also tell me which specialist should I go to.

Dr. Tanoy Bose
General Physician 13 yrs exp Kolkata

Needs to be examined physically. If it is a lymph node, it is unlikely that it will be hard. Get examined by a physician
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Swelling in the side of neck could be due to cervical lympadenitis, salivary gland inflammation, lipoma or neurofibroma. It will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations. Yes a history of throat and ear infection can lead to lymph node enlargement and cause swelling. Kindly consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.