99-100 Fever from 8 days
7 days back, my father had cold and 101 fever. Doctor gave paracetamol and azythromycin. Now cold is fine but still 99-100 fever is there, doctor has prescribed "Cefpodoxime proxetil and potassium clavulanate tablet". Please advise if this salt is fine?

Dr. Manju Lihala

Yes he can take this medicine it is safe.
Hi there I understand your concern...but detailed history is necessary to diagnose the underlying condition causing fever...it can be due to upper respiratory tract infection,gastroenteritis,urinary tract infection,malaria,typhoid,viral fever,simply body stress,trauma,infection and inflammation...so detailed history and clinical examination and laboratory investigations necessary to diagnose the condition...please consult nearest physician till then take paracetamol 650 mg thrice daily,give adequate rest to your body and drink plenty of fluids.