98xxxxxx82

Well I had suffered from fissure, had done its operation successfully but now again em suffering from constipation daily, I want to get rid of this constipation and suggest me some best food types to get outta this problem as I em getting more weaker day by day because of poor digestion.

Doctor Answers (1) on 98xxxxxx82

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, To understand how to prevent constipation, it helps to know what causes it. As food passes through your colon, your body absorbs the water from it, and what's left forms into stool. Your muscles move it through the colon to the rectum, where you pass it. When this movement slows down, your colon draws too much water. Stools get dry and hard to pass, causing constipation. The problem often happens because of a low-fiber or high-fat diet, lack of exercise, and not drinking enough fluids. Certain medications, not going when you feel the urge, laxative abuse, can lead to constipation. If your bowel habits get sluggish, you don't have to rush out to buy a laxative. Most people don't need them for mild constipation. Instead, look at your diet. Are you getting enough fiber? Fiber is the part of plant foods that the body can't break down. When you eat foods that have a lot of it, the extra bulk helps keep stools soft and speeds digestion.All plant foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, have fiber. Recommended fiber intake per day is 38 grams for men. Unfortunately, most of us only get about 15 grams per day, which may help explain why so many people get constipated.Examples of high-fiber foods include:1/2 cup navy beans: 9.5 grams-1 small pear: 4.4 grams-1/4 cup dates: 3.6 grams-1 medium apple: 3.3 grams- 1 medium sweet potato: 4.8 grams