17 year old burn scar
Burn scar caused due to boiling milk.The scar is 17 year old.Can this scar be removed completely.The scar is present on my shoulder area.Can the scar be removed completely?THe scar has attained the colour of the skin but still looks awefull.Please help me.Please

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi Post burn scar may be a hypertrophic scar. This means the full thickness of skin was involved in the burn which made the scar very deep.  If your scar now only has a colour change then one option would be to try laser skin rejuvenation with a combination of fractional laser and q yag Laser. However multiple sessions may be required and only partial improvement may be seen. Please contact a dermatologist who offers these treatments. They can examine you and prescribe the appropriate skin care products and treatments Best regards DR Rasya Dixit