Stress and upset

My mother is going through a lot of stress.she is suffering from thyroid and she is all the time upset.she isnt happy with the place she stays and with the family members specially her sister.people dont really understand her.she cares for evryone but no one cares for her and this upsets her.

Dr. Naresh Vadlamani
Psychiatrist 23 yrs exp Hyderabad

I think your queries requires more clarification. Why is she living with her sister and family members. why not with you and your father? Why is she stressed. Why is she upset always. Is she taking her thyroid medications if so what medications. It is difficult to give a specific answer and a generalized guessed answer will not do any justice.
hi. its unfortunate that she is dealing with the problem. thyroid problems are common in ladies and have many other communities esp psychiatric. the problem you have specified appears to depressive illness. there are many causes of being depressed and lifetime prevalence is over 80%. that means 4 out of 5 people in the world had/will have/suffering from similar illnesses at least once in lifetime. having a thyroid problem increases the incidence of being depressed. there are many firms of treatment available such as medication, psychotherapy etc. I suggest to consult a psychiatrist for diagnosis and treatment. and it's well treatable. good luck Dr. Shreyansh Dwivedi consultant psychiatrist Varanasi drshreyansh@gmail.com