Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Kidney Stone Treatment?
Kidney stones treatment is the process of removing kidney stones by the use of methods like lithotripsy, or percutaneous nephrolithotomy or shock wave or laser lithotripsy and other
What can be the advantages of Kidney Stone Treatment?
Few advantages of kidney stone treatment are to improve kidney function, break large or irregular shaped kidney stones, lesser complications and recovery time, etc.
What are the indications of Kidney Stone Treatment?
Treatment for conditions such as Nephrolithiasis, Recurrent UTIs, or to improve kidney function, and to treat symptoms of acute or chronic kidney pain due to kidney or ureteral stones.
What is the preparation for Kidney Stone Treatment?
- The risks, complications, and uses of Kidney stone treatment should be discussed with the doctor.
- The patient should inform about past and present medical and medication history to the doctor.
- The doctor may suggest undergoing a few lab tests and other examinations.
- The medical condition of the patient may be checked by the doctor before undergoing kidney stone treatment.
What is the care taken for patients after the procedure?
- Drink plenty of water
- Take all the medications as prescribed by the doctor
- Visit your doctor regularly
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience fever, abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, etc
Doctors from which specialty can perform this Kidney Stone Treatment?
The doctor specialized in Nephrology or Urology can perform kidney stone treatment.
What is the price of Kidney Stone Treatment in Chennai?
Expenses for Kidney stone treatment in Chennai changes due to the following factors:
- The medical condition of the patient
- Surgeon fee
- Admission fee
- Age of the patient
- Type of hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
- Type of procedure performed
The minimum amount to be paid in Chennai starts from Rs.23,000.
The average charges in Chennai is approximately Rs.70,148.
The maximum cost in Chennai rises up to Rs.2,30,000.
Who can prefer to get Kidney Stone Treatment?
- 18 years of age or above
- People with large or irregular shaped kidney stones
- Kidney stones of diameter greater than 2 cm
- Recurrent kidney stones which are unable to get dissolved with the medicines
Who cannot prefer to get Kidney Stone Treatment?
- Weak individuals with a poor medical condition
- Acute urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones can be managed with medicines themselves
What are the risks and complications that are connected with Kidney Stone Treatment?
Internal damage or bleeding from the kidneys or tissues surrounding it or urinary blockage are some of the complications associated with kidney stone treatment.
How much time does it take to complete Kidney Stone Treatment?
Kidney stone treatment can take anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours to complete and usually depends on the position, diagnosis, and type of kidney stones.
What can be the recovery time of Kidney Stone Treatment taken by the patient?
A person can recover from kidney stone treatment in 2-5 days.
What is the success rate of Kidney Stone Treatment?
A few factors may determine the success rate of Kidney stone treatment and they are:
- The medical condition of the patient
- Experience of the surgeon
- Patient age
- Type of surgery or procedure performed
However, the success rate maybe 85-90 %
Does Kidney Stone Treatment hurt the patients?
Every surgery comes with a certain level of pain and some discomfort. You won't be experiencing pain during this process because you will be under anesthesia.
What can be the long-term effects of Kidney Stone Treatment?
The individual should look for avoiding the recurrence of kidney stones while following the necessary bits of advice provided by the doctor and by maintaining the appropriate diet in the long term after the treatment for kidney stones.