Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is a fungal infection?
Fungal infections are caused by different fungi and can affect the skin and lungs, causing allergies and asthma.
2. What parts of the body can be affected by fungal infections?
The skin, lungs and blood can be affected by fungal infections. Allergies, asthma, tuberculosis, pneumonia, flu-like infections and blood-borne infections are common with fungi.
3. How do fungal infections spread?
Fungal infections spread through the spores present in the soil and air when one comes in contact or inhales the sources.
4. How will the doctor diagnose this condition?
Doctors can suspect a fungal infection upon examination and taking the history of the patient. Specific blood tests and culture of a body sample can be used for confirming the diagnosis.
5. Is treatment available for fungal infections?
There are several antifungal medications available for treating the infections. However, due to the complex nature, certain fungi may be difficult to kill.