What is Liver Disease?
Any condition that affects the functioning of the liver is known as Liver Disease. There are various factors for developing liver disease and can also impact on the normal functioning of the liver and/or damage the liver tissues.
What is the treatment for liver diseases?
Most liver diseases are chronic and hence they last for years. However, liver diseases can be managed in the following ways:
- Limiting alcohol consumption
- Maintenance of healthy weight
- More water consumption
- Adapting a liver-friendly diet
In a few cases, an individual might need surgery to remove a part of the liver or the whole liver. Liver Transplantation is performed only when all the other treatment options have failed.
What is the cost of Treatment for Liver Disease in Bangalore?
Cost of Treatment for Liver Disease in Bangalore depends on the following factors:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Experience of the surgeon
- Type of liver disease
- Type of treatment planned to perform
- The medical condition of the patient
- Type of hospital
The minimum cost of Treatment for Liver Disease in Bangalore starts from Rs.25,000
Average price of Treatment for Liver Disease in Bangalore is approximately Rs.50,000
The maximum amount to be paid for Treatment for Liver Disease in Bangalore rises up to Rs.5,00,000
However, this is not an exact cost for Treatment for Liver Disease in Bangalore. So, please discuss with your doctor regarding the cost.
What are the common Liver Diseases?
Few of the common Liver diseases are:
- Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E
- Fatty liver disease
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Genetic liver disorder
- Liver failure
What are the factors causing liver disease?
- Sharing used needles
- Getting a tattoo or piercing with used needles
- Exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Diabetes or high cholesterol
- Genetic or hereditary
- Toxins and pesticide exposure
- Certain herbs if taken in large quantity
- Mixing medication with alcohol or overdose of any medication
How can a liver disease be diagnosed?
The doctor may suggest the following test to diagnose liver disease.
- Liver function tests
- A complete blood count test
- MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds to check the trauma on the liver tissues
- Liver biopsy