1. Is laser suitable for dark circles removal?
Laser treatment uses heat energy to evaporate damaged cells, especially the darker pigments beneath the eye are targeted. Laser therapy involves brightening of darker skin tones.
2. What are the different methods for the removal of a dark circle?
There are different methods to remove dark circles like using chemical peels, skin lightening creams, using injectable fillers, laser therapy, surgical implants to create a smoother look, etc.
3. Are there any medicines to get rid of dark circles?
Medicines such as hydroquinones, tretinoin, azelaic acid, kojic acid, and vitamin C lotion are used to get rid of dark circles.
4. How effective are the treatments for a dark circle?
Intense pulsed light devices result in selective depigmentation of pigmented areas of skin and this treatment is ideal for removal of dark circles. Radiofrequency devices are also used to create collagen contraction while minimising collateral damage. Q switch lasers & pulsed dye lasers are suited for effective dark circle treatment.
5. Will I get dark circles again after discontinuing my treatment?
Dark circles are temporary and often the result of aging or lack of sleep. They can be treated by home care remedies & using medical treatments. These might recur as they are often due to temporary causes like lack of adequate rest, fluid intake, allergies and eye strain.