35 doctors available in Belapur
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Who is a general surgeon?
A general surgeon is a doctor highly skilled in surgery of a wide range of and most commonly occurring diseases.
2. What are the procedures for which a general surgeon can perform surgery?
A general surgeon performs surgery for digestive tract (oesophagus and related organs), abdomen and its contents, appendicitis, hernia, gallbladder, breast, skin, and soft tissue and endocrine system.
3. Can a general surgeon peform surgery for cancer treatment?
A surgeon who has completed his training in general surgery and, then specialized in oncology can perform surgery for cancer treatment.
4. How general surgeon is different from a specialist surgeon?
A general surgeon is highly skilled in surgical procedure for various parts of the body. They are also trained in pre, during and post-operative surgical critical care and injury due to accidents. However, a specialist surgeon, after having training in general surgery, gets additional training in a particular speciality related to a specific system of the body. e.g. orthopedic surgery
5. Can a general surgeon do the surgery for appendicitis?
Removal of appendicitis is called as appendectomy and is a common surgical procedure performed by a general surgeon.