Nexipride 150 MG Tablet
Nexipride 150 MG Tablet belongs to the class of antipsychotic medicines. However, it is primarily used for its gut motility properties i.e to improve food movement and treats disorders of the stomach and intestines.
Major & minor side effects for Nexipride 150 MG Tablet
In addition to its intended effect, Nexipride 150 MG Tablet may cause some unwanted effects too. In such cases, you must seek medical attention immediately.
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Gynacomastia severe
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Weight gain
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Increased salivation rare
- Decrease in libido
- Fever severe
- Excessive sweating severe
- Change in heart rate
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication.
Commonly asked questions for Nexipride 150 MG Tablet
Onset of action
The effect of this medicine can be observed within 1-2 hours of oral administration.
Duration of effect
The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 5-8 hours upon oral administration.
Safe with alcohol?moderate
Avoid or limit the uptake of alcohol while taking this medicine as the risk of adverse effects are increasingly high. Contact your doctor if an excess of drowsiness is experienced.
Is it habit forming?
No habit forming tendencies were reported.
Usage in pregnancy?
Use of this medicine during pregnancy is not recommended unless absolutely necessary. It is advised to use this medicine only when the benefits outweigh the risks involved.
Usage while breast-feeding?
Use of this medicine by breastfeeding women is not recommended. However, if it is absolutely necessary to use this medicine, then breastfeeding should be discontinued. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
List of substitutes for Nexipride 150 MG Tablet
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Nexipride 150 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
What is it prescribed for?
Uses of Nexipride 150 MG Tablet
- Gastroesophagal Reflux DiseaseThis medicine is used for the treatment of gastroesophagal reflux disease marked by increased irritation of the stomach caused by bile and acid.
- Irritable bowel syndromeThis medicine is used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome marked by persistent stomach pain, flatulence, diarrhea, or constipation.
When not to use?
Contraindications for Nexipride 150 MG Tablet
- AllergyThis medicine is not recommended for use if you have a known history of allergy to Levosulpiride or any other component present with it.
- EpilepsyThis medicine is not recommended for use if you suffer from epilepsy or have a history of convulsions.
- Bipolar disorderThis medicine is not recommended for use in patients suffering from bipolar disorder marked by frequent episodes of anxiety, agitation, depression, hallucinations etc.
- PheochromocytomaThis medicine is not recommended for use in patients having a tumor of the adrenal glands that causes a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Gastrointestinal perforationThis medicine is not recommended for use if you have a condition where the food pipe and the gut is bleeding, obstructed, and perforated.
- Breast cancerThis medicine is not recommended for use if you have been diagnosed with breast cancer (malignant mastopathy).
Missed / Overdose instructions
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you’re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol moderate
- Consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine can cause CNS depression characterized by confusion, lack of focus, anxiety, drowsiness etc.
- Avoid or limit the uptake of alcohol while taking this medicine as the risk of adverse effects are increasingly high. Contact your doctor if an excess of drowsiness is experienced.
Interaction with Medicine
- Aluminium Hydroxide/Magnesium Hydroxidemoderate
Heart DiseasemoderateThis medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from a disease of the heart and blood vessels. You may require an adjusted dose and safety monitoring to safely use this medicine.
Gastro-intestinal bleedingsevereThis medicine should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from perforation and bleeding of the stomach and the intestine. Report any instance of fever with chills, nausea, vomiting, presence of blood in stool to the doctor.
Prolactin imbalancesevereThis medicine should not be used in patients having an abnormal level of the hormone prolactin. Breast cancer due to a high level of prolactin should be ruled out before treatment with this medicine is initiated.
Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)severeUse of this medicine is not recommended if the patient suffers from Neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Introduction or reintroduction of this medicine should be done with caution in patients having a known history of this syndrome.
AsthmamoderateThis medicine should be used with caution if you have asthma. Report any instances of difficulty in breathing, wheezing, chest pain etc to the doctor immediately.
This is not an exhaustive list of interactions. Always inform your doctor beforehand about your medical history and current medications.
Take Nexipride 150 MG Tablet as instructed by the doctor. This medicine should be taken at least half an hour before food. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller quantities than recommended. It is advised to take plenty of water while taking this medicine.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients having a history of stroke, blood clotting disorders or other ailments of the heart and blood vessels.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients who are suffering from diabetes or are exposed to the risk factors.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients having low potassium levels in the body. It is recommended to initiate treatment with Nexipride 150 MG Tablet only after the potassium deficit is corrected.
This medicine is not recommended for use if the patient is suspected to have breast cancer associated with abnormally high levels of prolactin in the body.
This medicine is known to cause moderate to severe drowsiness and may the ability to perform tasks that require a high level of mental alertness. It is advised to refrain from driving or operating any heavy machinery after consuming this medicine.
This medicine is not recommended for use in patients who have a decreased white blood cell count characterized by frequent infections, fever with chills, sore throat, and mouth ulcers.
Use in elderly
This medicine should be used with caution in the elderly as the risk of side effects are increasingly high. Appropriate dose adjustments should be made based on the response of the patients.
Use of this medicine has been associated with abnormalities in menstrual period. Contact your doctor if the regular periods are excessively delayed.
- Levosulpiride | C15H23N3O4S - PubChem [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2017 [cited 12 May 2017]. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/688272#section=Top
- Sulpiride - DrugBank [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2017 [cited 12 May 2017]. Available from: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00391
- [Internet]. Medind.nic.in. 2017 [cited 16 November 2017]. Available from: http://medind.nic.in/daa/t07/i2/daat07i2p144.pdf
- [Internet]. Mri.cts-mrp.eu. 2017 [cited 16 November 2017]. Available from: http://mri.cts-mrp.eu/download/IT_H_0367_001_FinalPL.pdf
We’ve made all possible efforts to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, however, it should not be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Practo only provides reference source for common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. The absence of a warning for any drug or combination thereof, should not be assumed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. Practo does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information provided above. If you have any doubts about your medication then we strongly recommend that you consult with your doctor, nurse or healthcare provider. See detailed T&C here.