1. Which age group of children does a paediatric dentist treat?
A pediatric dentist treats children who are six months old and treats kids who are in their late teens upto 18 years of age.
2. Does a pediatric dentist deal with straightening of teeth?
Yes. A pediatric dentist deals with teeth straightening using braces. A pediatric orthodontist is better qualified to do this.
3. Can I take my child to a pediatric dentist for root canal treatment?
Yes. You can take your child to a pediatric dentist to get a root canal done. This is better than going to an adult dentist, as pediatric dentists know how to calm down a child for the treatment.
4. What treatments does a pediatric dentist specialize in?
Pediatric dentists offer the following options:
1. Oral health checkup
2. Assessment and treatment to straighten teeth and help improve improper bite
3. Repairing tooth defects and cavities
4. Diagnosing oral conditions related to asthma, hay fever, congenital heart disease, diabetes, ADHD etc.
5.Managing gum diseases like ulcers, pediatric periodontal disease, mucoceles, short frenulae, etc."
5. What is the education qualification of a pediatric dentist?
Like with a general dentist, you need to have a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Dental Science. However, here you will have to complete your Master's degree in Pediatric Dentistry.