222 doctors available in Kolkata
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Why does vaginal itching occur?
The following reasons are mainly responsible for vaginal itching:
- Bacterial or fungal infections
- Stress or menopause
- Allergic reaction to chemical irritants
- Cancer or sexually transmitted disease
2. What are the therapies for the treatment of vaginal itching?
The treatment options of vaginal itching is based on its fundamental cause. These treatment options are:
- Administration of antibiotics
- Application of antifungal creams, ointments
- Administration of topical steroids
- Use of antivirals
- Use of oestrogen creams
3. Is vaginal itching a sign of infection?
Yes, vaginal itching can be a sign of infection. It can be a type of either bacterial infection, yeast infection or sexually transmitted disease..
4. What are the complications associated with vaginal itching?
The complications associated with vaginal itching are based on the underlying cause. They are as follows:
- Systemic infection
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Complications of pregnancy
- Menstrual disturbances
5. What are the self-care measures for the management of vaginal itching?
The self-care measures for the management of vaginal itching are as follows:
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Proper washing of genital area
- Avoid chemical irritants
- Use of cotton underwear
- Administration of a well-balanced diet along with lactobacillus supplements
- Application of topical antibiotics, antifungals and steroids