16 doctors available in Salt lake
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is internal medicine in Medical sciences?
Internal medicine is a speciality in the field of medicine that deals with prevention, diagnosis and treatment of various diseases. Doctors specialising in the field of internal medicine are often called as internists.
2. Can an internal medicine specialist treat children?
An internal medicine specialist mostly deals with diseases in adults, however they can also treat children if required and if they have had special training in dealing with children's diseases.
3. Can an Internal medicine specialist perform surgery?
An internal medicine specialist does not perform surgery, however minor procedures like endoscopy, and mole removal can be performed by them.
4. Is an internist and internal medicine specialist the same?
Yes, an internist and internal medicine specialist are the same. Doctors specialising in the field of internal medicine are often called as internists who deal with broad range of diseases in adults.
5. Are there specialities in internal medicine?
Yes, there are specialities in internal medicine like